Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ooops....again....what Blog?

Well, for the second time now, I have completely abandoned our blog. The real reason is that I had too many pictures posted in my PicasaWeb albums and exceeded the storage amount for the site. Ooops. I deleted all the albums so that I could blog again.

Since December, when I posted last, we've had so much happen!

Braden is getting to be such a big boy. He is a wild, wild toddler. He loves his animals, and even kisses them goodnight at bedtime every single night. Things he loves right now are: Special Agent Oso, Mickey Mouse, and Toy Story. He also LOVES ice cream. He started at a new school back in May, but only part time. He now is watched by my parents three times a week, which has been great. I love that he gets to spend so much time with my parents and is getting to know them so well. He calls my dad "papa" and my mom "ma". We're not sure where he got papa from, but it sure is cute. I know he got the "ma" from my dad, because that is what he calls her around the house. He kind of even says it with my dad's northern accent. I may have to work on his southern twang a bit...after all he is a native Texan (whereas me, his mom, is just a wannabe Native Texan). We go to the Dr for his two-year check up the week of Aug 23rd. I'll have new stats them, but I know he weighs about 28 pounds now....and one of his ear tubes recently fell out, and sure enough the ear infections are back. We're pretty bummed about that. I cannot believe he's going to be two. I'll post a seperate entry about Braden turning two and his birthday party later in August! Until, then here are some updated pics of B:


Spending the day at the zoo with Papa and Ma!


MMMM ice cream!

Now, onto other news!! We're expecting baby #2!!! We have another precious baby BOY on the way. We are due October 6th, but have scheduled my c-section for Wednesday, September 29th. I am so excited for Braden to have a brother to grow up with. This pregnancy has seemed so much longer than Braden's. I didn't feel as well this time around, as I did with my first pregnancy. Being pregnant, and chasing an almost two year old around sure does get tiring! We decided to name this precious baby Weston James Wright. We decided all our boys would have the middle name, James, which is after Mike's late father. His middle name was James as well. Our boys should be honored to share their grandpa Wright's middle name. As they grow up we look forward to telling them all about Grandpa Wright. Also, we're excited that Weston already has a best friend! How you might ask!? Well, our wonderful neighbors and friends, are expecting their first baby, also a boy, on September 30th. Talk about good neighborly planning! Just kidding, it was purely coincidental! But it has been fun having another prego friend to hang out with.

We did manage to get one vacation in this Summer...we went to Destin, Florida for a week in June. It was a fantastic vacation, filled with wonderful company, relaxation, and some MAJOR shopping. They have an awesome outlet mall there. I went crazy at the Coach store. Braden stayed at home this time. He was able to get spoiled silly by his Grandma Sue and my parents. Sue came in from California to watch Braden, and my parents relieved here a couple of times throughout the week, as he sure is a handful.

Well, since I am a little rusty at this blog thing, I don't want to wear myself out by writing TOOOO much on my first blog back. ;) I'll post again after B's second birthday!

Til Then!
Katie and Mike

1 comment:

Jeff and Jen said...

Yay!! Finally a new blog update!!