Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter 2009

We had our first Easter with Braden this year! I was so excited to pick out his Easter basket for the Easter bunny to come fill. I decided on a cute Pottery Barn basket and then picked out some adorable fabric and had a liner made for it.



The Easter bunny hopped on over and filled Braden's basket with a toy hammer, bubbles, Puffs, carrots (in baby food form!), his very own remote control (in hopes he would obsess over that one and not the one we actually use!), and some very cute bunny ears! He also received baskets from each of his grandparents, filled with toys and clothes.






I also set up an Easter Egg hunt in the house for Mike and Braden. After rummaging through the Easter baskets, we started out the day with a wonderful breakfast of sausage egg casserole, fruit salad, cinnamon roles, and mimosas. Yummy! We then just hung out and relaxed until our next meal. :) We had originally planned to make filets on the grill, but the forecast called for rain the whole day, so we changed our plans and made prime rib. My mom and I have mastered making prime rib, so it turned out great! Along with that, we had mixed veggies and hollandaise sauce and great twice-baked potatoes my mom made. For dessert, we had chocolate cream pie and coconut pie. I unfortunately had to enjoy my Easter meal the day after....we passed the stomach bug around the house, so while the family ate dinner, I was actually sleeping in bed! :) We finished the day with a great visit from Cody, Devon, and Dylan. Dylan's birthday party was the day before and they were trying out the new bike trailer (or whatever you call it!) they received. They ate some pie with us and visited then rode back home. Hope you enjoy the pics of Braden's first Easter!

No comments: