Monday, August 24, 2009

BRADEN IS ONE!

Oh my goodness....where has the time gone!? Braden turned one on Saturday. We threw him a big party to celebrate the big day. The planning started months in advance. I made him his invitations, with a "logo" a friend from work designed and used that as our theme. Everything was blue and green stars. I also decided that I wanted to make Braden's cake myself, instead of ordering one from a bakery. So, as many of you know, I enrolled in cake decorating classes and spent MANY weekends in class learning how to make a perfectly decorated cake! For weeks I made royal icing designs to put on the cake. I chose a homemade vanilla cake recipe and homemake strawberry cream filling, that was sooo yummy. Braden got lots of toys and some cute little outfits. He's particularly taken a liking to the lawn mower his Aunt Amy gave him. We really appreciate everyone coming out to celebrate Braden's birthday with us. We hope everyone had as great of a time as we did!

The front of Braden's invitation



Braden and his Great-Grandma Florence with his "smash cake"


Braden Opening His Presents


Pushing the Infamous Lawnmower


Braden's Highchair


Braden's Cake, Smashcake, and Cupcakes

No comments: