Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Krystal and Marc Finally Get Hitched!

Mike and I had the wonderful pleasure of traveling to Colorado May 8th to go to the wedding of our wonderful friend Krystal and her finance Marc. We got to know Krystal when we lived in Omaha...she and I started at Union Pacific together and quickly became great friends. We spent ALOT of time together for the short time Mike and I lived there. Then obviously, through her, we met her wonderful fiance, Marc! They were married in Allenspark, CO on May 9th in the most amazing church (as you can tell by the picture below!)!!!



She had her reception at the famous Stanley Hotel, in Estes Park CO.



If you know Krystal, then you know she has exquisite taste, so I knew the wedding would be beautiful...but I was still amazed at all the details. The cake was amazing (even after the "accident", in which a little kiddo stuck their hands in the cake), the flowers were the most beautiful colors, her dress was fantastic, she looked beautiful, and of course had a handsome groom by her side. They also had a great priest, who is a family friend of the Newell's perform the ceremony. He was so enthusiastic and genuinely happy for the couple! The whole time I was trying to take pictures, her photographer got in my way! Which of course is a good thing, because he captured so many wonderful shots. Of course, since I am sure they are copyrighted, I cannot repost them on my site, but do check them out at: http://daverussellphotography.com/blog/. She had the most amazing photographer, with great pictures. I say she is lucky to have all of these great pictures of her special day...but I know it's not luck- I am sure she did a ton of research to assure she would have these great pictures and memories.





Krystal also has two wonderful sisters who looked amazing and both gave very special and memorable toasts to their "Bissy" (the Wulff's loving term for "sister"). The night of the wedding, it even snowed in Estes Park! Mike has a fascination with cold and snow, so this suited him very well! It was cool to get to see Estes Park, spring-like, and then covered in snow...all in a weekend!



Mike was also kind enough to upgrade our room at the Stanley Hotel to a private villa with our own jacuzzi!! It was great to sit out in the mountains in a nice, warm jacuzzi! This was my Mother's Day Present. We wish Krystal and Marc the very best and were so happy to witness their special day!

No comments: